Blue ice, a rare occurrence: Airline What is blue ice? ‘Blue ice’, a term used for frozen sewage material leaked mid-air, as a “rare occurrence” which signifies “a leaking toilet system, leading to the formation of accumulation of ice in high altitude.” Why in news? National green tribunal has imposed fine of Rs.50,000 on Airlines emptying toilet tanks in air. Airlines have said it is not possible to empty toilet tanks in mid-air as claimed in a petition before the National Green Tribunal. NGT bans Continue reading →
Tina Dabi IAS topper 2016
- Committee recommendations to review Khadi Industries April 10, 2017
- National Manufacturing Competitiveness Programme April 10, 2017
- Teachers’ Absenteeism April 9, 2017
- “Bharat ke Veer” April 9, 2017
- 11th Standing Committee meeting of Inter-State April 8, 2017
- African Development Bank’s President Thanks India for success of the Annual Meeting of the Bank held in GandhinagarThe President of the African Development Bank Shri Akinwumi Adesina expresses happiness at the outcome of the annual meeting of the bank held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- Mountaineering expedition by Indian Air Force team to Mount DhaulagiriAn Indian Air Force mountaineering team comprising of 12 members including a lady climber was launched on a mountaineering expedition to Mt Dhaulagiri in Nepal on 15 Apr 2017.
- “ISA can act as a medium to achieve universal energy access target set up before 2030”- Shri Piyush GoyalShri Piyush Goyal, Minister of State (IC) for Power, Coal, Mines and New & Renewable Energy said that International Solar Alliance ( ISA) can act as a medium to spread lessons on energy security which can help achieve universal energy access target set up in SDGs before 2030
- Progress of new urban missions in Chattisgarh to be reviewed tomorrow in RaipurProgress of new urban missions launched during the last three years in Chattisgarh will be reviewed in a high level meeting in Raipur tomorrow.
- President of India’s Message on the eve of Independence Day of GuyanaThe President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee has extended his greetings and felicitations to the Government and people of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana on the eve of their Independence Day (May 26, 2017).
Current Affairs Summary
Join Open Material Group
Quote of the Day
Cannot fetch quote from source
Quotes via Quotery