Blue ice, a rare occurrence: Airline What is blue ice? ‘Blue ice’, a term used for frozen sewage material leaked mid-air, as a “rare occurrence” which signifies “a leaking toilet system, leading to the formation of accumulation of ice in high altitude.” Why in news? National green tribunal has imposed fine of Rs.50,000 on Airlines emptying toilet tanks in air. Airlines have said it is not possible to empty toilet tanks in mid-air as claimed in a petition before the National Green Tribunal. NGT bans Continue reading →
Tina Dabi IAS topper 2016
- Sikkim becomes 22nd State to join UDAYThe Government of India and the State of Sikkim signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) under the Scheme Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY) today, for operational improvement of the State’s Power Distribution Department. With the signing of MoU, the total number of States covered under UDAY has reached twenty-two.
- Prakash Javadekar lays foundation stone of New Building of Kendriya Vidyalaya Shahdara DelhiThe Government is working actively on providing quality education to students, as it believes that only a proper and quality education has the potential of developing a good citizen with strong character. Stating this at the foundation
- Government to issue Sovereign Gold Bonds 2016 -17 – Series IV; Applications for the bond to be accepted from February 27, 2017 to March 03, 2017Government of India, in consultation with the Reserve Bank of India(RBI), has decided to issue Sovereign Gold Bonds 2016-17–Series IV. Applications for the bond will be accepted from February 27, 2017 to March 03, 2017.
- Global Crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 55.01 per bbl on 22.02.2017The international crude oil price of Indian Basket as computed/published today by Petroleum Planning and Analysis Cell (PPAC) under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas was US$ 55.01 per barrel (bbl) on 22.02.2017. This was lower than the price of US$ 55.37 per bbl on previous publishing day of 21.02.2017.
- Not just think but also act on judicial reforms, says PresidentNot just think but also act on judicial reforms, says President
Current Affairs Summary
Join Open Material Group
Quote of the Day
Quotes via Quotery