The Cabinet in its meeting on 15th March, 2017 has approved the proposal of acquisition of Bharatiya Mahila Bank with State Bank of India. It has come into effect on 1st April, 2017. The merger is aimed at economies of scale and operational efficiency leading to improved supervision process, compliance and productivity in addition to better risk management. There were 103 branches of Bharatiya Mahila Bank functioning in the county as on 31.03.2017. Bharatiya Mahila Bank had extended loans of Rs.191.09 crore to women entrepreneurs till 31.03.2017 and the NPAs in BMB was Rs.5.25 crore.
Tina Dabi IAS topper 2016
- Committee recommendations to review Khadi Industries April 10, 2017
- National Manufacturing Competitiveness Programme April 10, 2017
- Teachers’ Absenteeism April 9, 2017
- “Bharat ke Veer” April 9, 2017
- 11th Standing Committee meeting of Inter-State April 8, 2017
- Week long Inter Child Care Institution Festival “Hausla 2017” organized by the WCD Ministry draws to a colorful closeHausla 2017, a festival to celebrate children living in Child Care Institutions ended with a closing ceremony of colourful cultural performances by the children themselves in New Delhi today. Nearly 700 children from CCIs across the country including Delhi participated in the 7-day programme.
- Admiral Sunil Lanba formally inaugurates 42nd ICMM World Congress on Military MedicineChairman, Chiefs of Staff Committee and Chief of the Naval Staff (COSC & CNS) Admiral Sunil Lanba officially inaugurated the 42nd ICMM World Congress on Military Medicine in a glittering ceremony at Vigyan Bhavan here today. The COSC & CNS emphasised the importance of Military Medicine which provides the medical support required by troops deployed in
- Dr Bhamre inaugurates 2<sup>nd</sup> annual conclave of Foreign Defence AttachesRaksha Rajya Mantri Dr Subhash Bhamre said the Government has been tirelessly working towards making up for critical shortages of the armed forces over the years and the policies are now designed to make procurement and acquisition of defence platforms both fast and transparent.
- The Central Government appeals to the Industry Leaders to pass on the benefit of GST Rate reduction to the consumers as it is expected to encourage domestic demand and investment among others.The GST Council in its 23rd Meeting held on 10th November, 2017 at Guwahati, has recommended the reduction of the GST rate from 28% to 18% on goods falling under 178 headings, leaving now only 50 items under the GST slab rate of 28%.
- President of India in Assam; Graces the closing ceremony of Namami Barak FestivalThe President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, graced and addressed the closing ceremony of the Namami Barak festival in Silchar, Assam, today (November 20, 2017).
Current Affairs Summary
Join Open Material Group
Quote of the Day
Cannot fetch quote from source
Quotes via Quotery