The Cabinet in its meeting on 15th March, 2017 has approved the proposal of acquisition of Bharatiya Mahila Bank with State Bank of India. It has come into effect on 1st April, 2017. The merger is aimed at economies of scale and operational efficiency leading to improved supervision process, compliance and productivity in addition to better risk management. There were 103 branches of Bharatiya Mahila Bank functioning in the county as on 31.03.2017. Bharatiya Mahila Bank had extended loans of Rs.191.09 crore to women entrepreneurs till 31.03.2017 and the NPAs in BMB was Rs.5.25 crore.
Subscribe to keep yourself updated (FREE)
- Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services Limited (IL&FS) October 1, 2018
- People’s Plan Campaign October 1, 2018
- UPSC Civil Services Final result 2017 declared – Download PDF April 27, 2018
- Today’s News Updates -9.February 2018 March 24, 2018
- Today’s News Updates – 29 January 2018 March 24, 2018
Tina Dabi IAS topper 2016
- CSIR develops affordable Water Disinfection System “OneerTM”Council of Scientific and Industrial Research ,Indian Institute of Toxicology Research (CSIR-IITR), Lucknow has developed an innovative technology for “Drinking Water Disinfection System” with Trade name “OneerTM” which was transferred to M/s Bluebird Water Purifiers, New Delhi in the presence of Union Minister of Science & Technology and Vice-President, CSIR, Dr. Harsh Vardhan today.
- Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena calls PM ModiThe President of Sri Lanka Maithripala Sirisena called Prime Minister Modi on telephone today. The President of Sri Lanka stated that he categorically rejected the reports in sections of media about him alluding to the involvement of India in any manner whatsoever in an alleged plot to assassinate the President and a former Defence Secretary […]
- Uttarakhand has comparative advantage in Tourism, needs to fine-tune it's resources, says Shri N. K. SinghIn a first, Finance Commission today held a detailed meeting with the representatives of Tourism industry in Nainital considering the fact that tourism is one of the major pillars of the economy of Uttarakhand.
- Education continued to be a strategic priority in India’s national development initiatives – Dr Satya Pal SinghMinister of State for Human Resource Development, Dr. Satya Pal Singh participated in the 7th Meeting of Education Ministers of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Member States held in Astana, Kazakhstan today during his three day visit of Kazakhstan from 15th to 18th October 2018.
- Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Shri Radha Mohan Singh meets Ambassador of USA in India Mr. Kenneth I. Juster,The US Ambassador in India Mr. Kenneth I. Juster called on the Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmer Welfare Shri Radha Mohan Singh today at Krishi Bhawan in New Delhi. During the course of the meeting, both the dignitaries discussed ways and means to reinforce trade and bilateral relations in agriculture.