GS paper I
- Dahi handi celebrated with enthusiasm -Ques1. Write a short note on “dahi handi festival“.
GS paper II
- Condition of street dwellers remains unchanged – Ques1. “The majority of homeless people are working and are productive citizens of the city; the motivation to migrate is a result of the poor state of the rural economy. Increasing roadside accidents and harassment from the police is the major problem homeless face besides facing other difficulties”, while critically analysing the given statement describe the reforms and measures needed for the welfare of homeless people in India.
- Struck off in one blow – Ques2. “The Planning Commission needed to be returned to its first purposes, to its transparent and audacious planning for an India progressing without old enervations and new injustices to prosperity. It needed to be returned to its founding documents, its defining mandates. There are steps that could have been taken to make its plan-fund transfers more consultative, less conditional, more participative, less prescriptive”, Comment.
- Bill making rural service a must for doctors awaiting Presidential assent -Ques3.”With the newly introduced bill making rural service mandatory, all fresh graduate-doctors will have to serve in rural hospitals thereby resolving the shortage of doctors in government hospitals in rural areas”, discuss.
GS paper III
- Inflation erodes corporate profitability -Ques1. “High inflation had eroded the profitability of business and trade, in turn depressing the buoyancy in the Centre’s collections of corporate income tax”, Elucidate.