TU-142M Long Range Maritime Patrol aircraft of the Indian Navy landed at INS Dega. The TU is likely to be dismantled and transported by road on trailers and re-assembled on the Beach Road near Kursura Submarine Museum. TU-142M aircraft which have been nothing short of a ‘Flying Destroyer’, was given an impressive welcome as it landed for the last time at Visakhapatnam. TU-142M has rendered yeoman service to the nation and has taken part in all major exercises and operations including Operation Cactus in Maldives, Op Vijay in 1998, Op Parakram in 2002 and Anti-piracy Operations.
Subscribe to keep yourself updated (FREE)
- National Safai Karmcharis Finance & Development Corporation (NSKLFDC) October 2, 2018
- UNEP Champions of the Earth October 2, 2018
- Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services Limited (IL&FS) October 1, 2018
- SATAT Initiative October 1, 2018
- People’s Plan Campaign October 1, 2018
Tina Dabi IAS topper 2016
- President of India presents Tagore Award for Cultural Harmony for the Years 2014, 2015 and 2016The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, presented the Tagore Award for Cultural Harmony for the years 2014, 2015 and 2016 to Shri Rajkumar Singhajit Singh, Chhayanaut (a cultural organisation of Bangladesh) and Shri Ram Vanji Sutar respectively, at a function held here today.
- Auction for Sale (Re-issue) of Government StocksGovernment of India has announced the Sale (Re-issue) of (i) ‘7.32 per cent Government Stock, 2024’ for a notified amount of Rs. 3,000 crore (nominal) through price based auction, (ii) ‘‘7.26 per cent Government Stock, 2029’ for a notified amount of Rs. 4,000 crore (nominal) through price based auction, (iii) ‘8.24 per cent Government Stock, […]
- President’s greetings on the eve of birthday of Guru RavidasThe President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind has greeted fellow citizens on the eve of the birthday of Guru Ravidas. In a message, the President has said, “On the sacred occasion of Guru Ravidas Jayanti, I extend my greetings and good wishes to fellow citizens.
- Finance Commission holds Meeting with Trade Associations and Industry Bodies of TelanganaThe 15th Finance Commission had a detailed meeting with the Trade Associations and Industry Bodies of the Telangana state. Representatives of ETAPCCI, CII, TIF, and others were present. The Commission noted that the tertiary sector is the largest contributor to GSVA (current prices) of Telangana - IT and ITeS units have been key drivers . […]
- PM to visit Varanasi tomorrowThe Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, will visit Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh tomorrow on 19 February 2019. He will unveil several development projects there. PM will flag off the first ever Diesel to Electric Converted Locomotive at Diesel Locomotive Works in Varanasi.