GS paper II
- The impact of institutional decay – Ques. “India’s absence in global educational rankings is usually seen as a national embarrassment, but that is hardly the point. What ought to concern us is the impact that institutional decay has on the young”, critically comment.
- Why archaic citizenship laws must go – Ques. “Colonial-era laws infringe on the fundamental rights to life and personal liberty of persons of Indian origin therefore there is a need to revoke pre-independence laws which are in conflict with our rights”, Discuss
- Writing SAARC’s incomplete chapter – Ques. Critically analyse the challenges being faced by South-Asian countries (SAARC) due to absence of appropriate human rights mechanism.
- Food Security Act beneficiaries yet to be identified – Ques. Examine the causes of improper implementation of National Food Security Act (NFSA), what are its consequences. Describe the measure should be adopted by the government to resolve the issue.
- Health Minister proposes floating clinics – Ques. Describe the challenges being faced by relief agencies and rescue workers in the flood prone areas of J&k. What are floating clinics? Discuss their role towards providing medical aid to the people of the flooded areas.