NITI Aayog has developed a Composite Water Management Index as a useful tool to assess and further improve the performance in efficient management of water resources. The index would provide useful information for the States and also for the concerned Central Ministries/Departments enabling them to formulate and implement suitable strategies for better management of water resources. The Index has 28 key Performance Indicators (KPIs) covering irrigation status, drinking water and other water-related sectors. It is targeted to prepare the index for States/Union Territories from the current financial year (2017-18).
- UPSC Civil Services Final result 2017 declared – Download PDF April 27, 2018
- Today’s News Updates -9.February 2018 March 24, 2018
- Today’s News Updates – 29 January 2018 March 24, 2018
- Today’s News Updates – 24 th January 2018 March 24, 2018
- Today’s News Updates – 19.January 2018 January 20, 2018
Tina Dabi IAS topper 2016
- Flood Relief Operation by Indian Army in KeralaIndian Army is deeply involved in the Rescue & Relief operations in Kerala which is witnessing very heavy rains since 09 August 2018. Request for provision of Army assistance was received on 09 August 2018.
- NCMC meets for the second time in two days to review flood situation in KeralaThe National Crisis Management Committee (NCMC) met for the second time in two days here today to review the rescue & relief operations in the flood affected areas in Kerala. Cabinet Secretary Shri PK Sinha, who chaired the meeting, held a video conference with the Chief Secretaries of Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
- Casevac of French national from LehBresson Florence and her husband Christophe were on a road trip at Leh, on motorcycles when, in an accident the 50 year old French national lady was seriously injured. She was immediately taken to an army hospital nearby and then shifted to SNM hospital at Leh where she was shifted to the ICU. Her condition was critical.
- Water storage level of 91 major reservoirs of the country goes up by four percentThe water storage available in 91 major reservoirs of the country for the week ending on August 16, 2018 was 84.743 BCM which is 52% of total storage capacity of these reservoirs. This percentage was at 48% for the week ending on August 09, 2018.
- DGMO Level Talks Between India and PakistanDGMO level talks at behest of Pakistan DGMO was held on 16 August 18. Pleasantries were exchanged between the DGsMO on the occasion of Independence Day of both countries. Pakistan DGMO expressed satisfaction on the measures being taken along the Line of Control by troops to maintain peace and tranquility.
Current Affairs Summary
Join Open Material Group
Quote of the Day
Cannot fetch quote from source
Quotes via Quotery