NITI Aayog has developed a Composite Water Management Index as a useful tool to assess and further improve the performance in efficient management of water resources. The index would provide useful information for the States and also for the concerned Central Ministries/Departments enabling them to formulate and implement suitable strategies for better management of water resources. The Index has 28 key Performance Indicators (KPIs) covering irrigation status, drinking water and other water-related sectors. It is targeted to prepare the index for States/Union Territories from the current financial year (2017-18).
Subscribe to keep yourself updated (FREE)
- National Safai Karmcharis Finance & Development Corporation (NSKLFDC) October 2, 2018
- UNEP Champions of the Earth October 2, 2018
- Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services Limited (IL&FS) October 1, 2018
- SATAT Initiative October 1, 2018
- People’s Plan Campaign October 1, 2018
Tina Dabi IAS topper 2016
- Water storage level of 91 major reservoirs of the country goes down by one percentThe water storage available in 91 major reservoirs of the country for the week ending on April 25, 2019 was 42.52 BCM, which is 26% of total storage capacity of these reservoirs. This percentage was at 27 for the week ending on April 18, 2019.
- Naval Commanders’ Conference ConcludesThe first edition of this years’ bi-annual Naval Commanders’ Conference which commenced on 23 Apr 19, concluded on 25 Apr 19 after three days of fruitful deliberations. The Hon’ble RM addressed Naval Commanders on 23 Apr 19 and complimented the Indian Navy for maintaining a high operational tempo and its ability to not only […]
- Be compassionate towards the downtrodden sections and treat them with empathy: Vice President tells MedicosThe Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has asked young doctors and people entering into medical profession to be compassionate towards the downtrodden sections and treat them with empathy and understanding.
- Payroll Reporting in India – A Formal Employment PerspectiveThe Central Statistics Office (CSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation has released the press note on Employment Outlook of the country covering the period September, 2017 to February, 2019, based on the administrative records available with selected government agencies to assess the progress in certain dimensions.
- Chatra, Lohardaga and Palamau Parliamentary Constituencies in Jharkhand to go to Polls in Phase IV of General Elections 2019In the Fourth phase of General Elections 2019, Chatra, Lohardaga and Palmau Parliamentary Constituencies (PC) in Jharkhand would be going to polls on 29th April. Chatra(PC No. 4)is a Generalseat, Lohardaga (PC No. 12) is ST and Palamau (PC No. 13) is an SC seat.