NITI Aayog has developed a Composite Water Management Index as a useful tool to assess and further improve the performance in efficient management of water resources. The index would provide useful information for the States and also for the concerned Central Ministries/Departments enabling them to formulate and implement suitable strategies for better management of water resources. The Index has 28 key Performance Indicators (KPIs) covering irrigation status, drinking water and other water-related sectors. It is targeted to prepare the index for States/Union Territories from the current financial year (2017-18).
Subscribe to keep yourself updated (FREE)
- Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services Limited (IL&FS) October 1, 2018
- People’s Plan Campaign October 1, 2018
- UPSC Civil Services Final result 2017 declared – Download PDF April 27, 2018
- Today’s News Updates -9.February 2018 March 24, 2018
- Today’s News Updates – 29 January 2018 March 24, 2018
Tina Dabi IAS topper 2016
- CSIR develops affordable Water Disinfection System “OneerTM”Council of Scientific and Industrial Research ,Indian Institute of Toxicology Research (CSIR-IITR), Lucknow has developed an innovative technology for “Drinking Water Disinfection System” with Trade name “OneerTM” which was transferred to M/s Bluebird Water Purifiers, New Delhi in the presence of Union Minister of Science & Technology and Vice-President, CSIR, Dr. Harsh Vardhan today.
- Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena calls PM ModiThe President of Sri Lanka Maithripala Sirisena called Prime Minister Modi on telephone today. The President of Sri Lanka stated that he categorically rejected the reports in sections of media about him alluding to the involvement of India in any manner whatsoever in an alleged plot to assassinate the President and a former Defence Secretary […]
- Uttarakhand has comparative advantage in Tourism, needs to fine-tune it's resources, says Shri N. K. SinghIn a first, Finance Commission today held a detailed meeting with the representatives of Tourism industry in Nainital considering the fact that tourism is one of the major pillars of the economy of Uttarakhand.
- Education continued to be a strategic priority in India’s national development initiatives – Dr Satya Pal SinghMinister of State for Human Resource Development, Dr. Satya Pal Singh participated in the 7th Meeting of Education Ministers of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Member States held in Astana, Kazakhstan today during his three day visit of Kazakhstan from 15th to 18th October 2018.
- Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Shri Radha Mohan Singh meets Ambassador of USA in India Mr. Kenneth I. Juster,The US Ambassador in India Mr. Kenneth I. Juster called on the Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmer Welfare Shri Radha Mohan Singh today at Krishi Bhawan in New Delhi. During the course of the meeting, both the dignitaries discussed ways and means to reinforce trade and bilateral relations in agriculture.