NITI Aayog has developed a Composite Water Management Index as a useful tool to assess and further improve the performance in efficient management of water resources. The index would provide useful information for the States and also for the concerned Central Ministries/Departments enabling them to formulate and implement suitable strategies for better management of water resources. The Index has 28 key Performance Indicators (KPIs) covering irrigation status, drinking water and other water-related sectors. It is targeted to prepare the index for States/Union Territories from the current financial year (2017-18).
Tina Dabi IAS topper 2016
- Committee recommendations to review Khadi Industries April 10, 2017
- National Manufacturing Competitiveness Programme April 10, 2017
- Teachers’ Absenteeism April 9, 2017
- “Bharat ke Veer” April 9, 2017
- 11th Standing Committee meeting of Inter-State April 8, 2017
- NITI Aayog and IRF Geneva signs Statement of Intent (SoI) to cooperate in the field of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)NITI Aayog and IRF Geneva signs Statement of Intent (SoI) to cooperate in the field of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
- Secretary Coal reviews coal supply situation of the power plants in the country.• On 20.09.2017, Secretary Coal chaired a meeting to review the coal supply situation to various power plants of the country. This meeting was attended by Additional Secretary and Joint Secretary from Ministry of Power, Chairman Central Electricity Authority (CEA)
- Chaudhary Birender Singh Chairs Meeting of Consultative Committee of Ministry of SteelThe Union Minister of Steel, Chaudhary Birender Singh chaired a meeting of Consultative Committee of Ministry of Steel in New Delhi today.
- Justice Shri M.M. Kumar, President, NCLT, delivers the 23rd Lecture of the CVC ‘Lecture Series’, on “Rule of Law: Achievements and its Trivialization”The 23rd Lecture of the “Lecture Series” organized by the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) was delivered by Justice Shri M.M. Kumar, President, National Company Law Tribunal, here today on the topic, “Rule of Law: Achievements and its Trivialization.”
- Tamil Film Actor Sarath Kumar Participates in Cleanliness Drive of M/O Tourism In ChennaiA grand cleanliness drive of Ministry of Tourism was organized in front of Dharmambal Polytechnic College, Taramani, Chennai (Tamil Nadu) today. The renowned Tamil Film Actor, Politician, Journalist, Former Mr. Madras ‘Supreme Star’ Shri Sarath Kumar was the chief guest.
Current Affairs Summary
Join Open Material Group
Quote of the Day
Cannot fetch quote from source
Quotes via Quotery